Mulberry bowl complete except for drying and finish
I finished turning the large mulberry bowl (green wood from my in-law’s tree) on the lathe on Sunday. It has turned out well so far. A few early drying cracks that I have tried to stabilize with instant glue…otherwise looks good (Maybe 15" diameter and 5" deep).
It now needs to dry the rest of the way before final finishing. I am going to try to use the microwave to speed the drying, but I need to watch out for cracking as it is an end-grain bowl that includes the pith.
This was the bowl that "injured" me a few posts back, so I am determined that it will be completed properly.