Saw Guard Change
I moved the tablesaw around in the shop last night so that I had enough room on the in-feed and out-feed sides of the saw to cut the 54" x 29" laminated panels to final size. Also, I had to remove my modified overarm blade guard from the saw. I got the guard used from eBay a few years ago, and to modified it fit the Dewalt saw (it was made for a Delta saw), I needed to build a custom mount out of metal bits and plywood. It works great, but the custom mount limits the ability to move the fence on the saw past 24". Too small to cut the panels for the desks.
So, I replaced my modified overarm blade guard with the "Shark Guard" parts that I was not using (I’ve only been using the splitter parts from the Shark Guard till now). I think I will stick with this arrangement from now on, rather than remounting the overarm guard. It may go back on to eBay. I want to keep the full-capacity of my saw available.
After the saw guards were reconfigured, I cut the laminated panels to size. They look good.