Over the past weekend I planed and fully laminated the wood for the 5″ x 5″ x 32″ legs for the bench. Each leg is made up of four 1.25″ boards laminated together, with massive 2.5″ tenons on the top end for attachment with the underside of the bench top. After the glue dried, I jointed and planed the laminated leg blocks to final dimension.
Additionally, I made the front and rear stretchers. The front stretcher has a beveled top edge so that it can act as the lower track for the eventual sliding deadman attachment.
Next, I will make the side stretchers, and design some sort of support at the attachment point for the right rear leg’s mortise and tenon joint, since that leg will have to deal with the tool tray location that I added to this design. I have some ideas for this, but have settled on the final design yet. I hope to do these items tonight.
No photos recent, because our digital camera is missing. I hope to be able to post some soon.